Monday, September 11, 2017

Whimsy Stamps - Abstract Christmas


Hello there! I have a fun card to share with you today that I created using a stamp set called Abstract Christmas from the Whimsy Stamps September release! This stamp set is available now in the Whimsy Stamps store.



I am not one to distress edges or used blend inks around the edges of cards or tags, but recently I have been into Mixed Media a little bit and experimenting with some fun techniques, so I decided to try a little bit of that on this card. I first embossed the circle tree from the Abstract Christmas stamp set onto watercolor paper with white embossing powder. I then used Peerless watercolors to loosely watercolor it. I used several different shades of green. When it was dry I speckled with more of each of the different greens.



I cut the panel down a bit and distressed the edges with an Exacto knife, then loosely painted some of the same shades of green around the edges. I stamped the sentiments with black ink on white card stock, cut them out and added them with foam tape. The gold dots on the tree are Crystal Nuvo Pale Gold. 

You can find the Abstract Christmas set HERE in the Whimsy Stamps Store!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)


10 comments:

  1. WOW...this is GORGEOUS Kay! I love all the different greens and really like those gold Nuvo drops...think I need to try those!! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Kay!! Wow, what a neat look! I like the watercoloring and all those luscious greens. I think the bit of gold in the drops adds a perfect touch. You seem to have a Midas touch with cardmaking. Gorgeous work! Hope you have a happy day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheels are turning!!! This is so gorgeous and unique and everything! I love it Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, this is so spectacular! LOve it when you stretch yourself - I'm amazed by your talents!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! And it sounds like it was simple enough that you could make a bunch of them. Thanks for the lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always turn everything you make into something magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of your best, Kay, and you know that means it is AWE-mazing in my books!! Love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BRILLIANT...I absolutely love your post Kay simply stunning! Thank you for another GORGEOUS post as our super special Whimsy Stamps guest designer...you always knock it out of the park and we're so happy to have you! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome !! I love this tree, very original.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)